Arroyo Seco Watershed Assessment
The Arroyo Seco Watershed Assessment (ASWA)is a comprehensive review of the state of the watershed and of projects to restore and enhance it. ASWA builds on the body of research, plans and reports that have been prepared in the last ten years
to chart the course for an Arroyo Seco Greenway that will provide for restoration and better management of our local watershed. The Draft Assessment has now been finalized.
The purpose of the assessment is to:
- Outline projects which address the needs of the Arroyo Seco Watershed identified in this
and previous plans and documents.
- Provide a road map for future coordination and collaboration with the County of Los Angeles, the US Army Corps of Engineers and other
agencies to implement Arroyo Seco Greenway projects by way of a governance
structure—the Arroyo Seco Greenway Agreement.
- Provide a framework for future integration of transportation, energy, water resources,
and restoration concerns in the development and rehabilitation of the Arroyo Seco
The ASWA promotes and outlines key aspects of the
Arroyo Seco Greenway, a series of integrated transportation, water resource and habitat
enhancement projects along the 20 mile Arroyo Seco River corridor.
This document contains eight sections:
- History of Planning and Management Activities
- Hydraulics, Hydrology, Water Quality, Water Supply, Biological Resources
- Evaluating and Ranking Watershed Restoration Projects
- Arroyo Seco Greenway
- Data Gaps and Next Steps
- ASWA References and Weblinks
- Preparers and Contributors
We welcome your comments on the projects and material contained in the Watershed Assessement.